Clock face design in vector

By Nigel Simon

Type: Illustration

Technique: Computer generated

Material: Paper

Production date: 2018

I like endless knotwork, and create modern and abstract designs for circles, in vector 3 dimensional graphics. The dimension are infinite, dependent on scale, just like text is on a computer. The three dimensions are height width and depth, the depth being how near or far away the object is… hence its size, relative to position in space. The smallest object one can place at a point in space ( the point is an independent mathematical scale ) is a pixel. Pixels cannot overlap two dimensionally – but can in three dimensions. For graphics on a PC screen or TV, one uses just two dimensions for the pixel placement, and the third dimension is how near or far away from it one is.

i explore all kinds of abstract and traditional celtic knotwork designs, but favour the ability of computer graphics for vector work, since my hands cannot reliably reproduce the spatial accuracy needed. I use a laser to cut such designs in wood and the lines are accurate to 1/3rd, to 1/5th of a mm .

Report as Inappropriate

Have you been inspired?

Have you taken inspiration from this artwork for your own practice? If so, you can submit your own work here.

Upload your artwork here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.